National intelligence organizations/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to National intelligence organizations, or pages that link to National intelligence organizations or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/National intelligence organizations. Needs checking by a human.
- Bureau of Intelligence and Research : A purely analytical part of the United States intelligence community that specializes in studies that directly assist diplomacy, and also address issues of political geography
- Clandestine human-source intelligence : clandestine operations by people who secretly collect intelligence, and their support by couriers, forgers, radio operators, and other operational personnel.
- Covert action : Any of a range of activities, intended to affect the behavior of a target nation or non-national actor, where the fact of the action is known, but the responsibility for the action cannot be proven.
- Defense Intelligence Agency : One of the members of the United States intelligence community, charged with providing national-level analysis specifically relevant for military needs, and being the focal point for measurement and signature intelligence
- Director of National Intelligence : The professional head of the United States Intelligence Community, reporting to the President, with Dennis Blair being replaced by James Clapper
- Federal Bureau of Investigation : The principal U.S. Federal police agency, part of the U.S. Department of Justice and the United States intelligence community, who has arrest authority, and is the primary authority for a variety of domestic crimes, civilian counterespionage within the United States, and organized crime
- Foreign Intelligence Service (Russia) : Russian Federation foreign intelligence service, known as the SVR, largely built from the First Chief Directorate of the KGB
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- General Intelligence Department (Saudi Arabia) : The national intelligence service of Saudi Arabia
- Intelligence (information gathering) : The practice of finding information on opponents, or potential opponents.
- Measurement and signature intelligence : A variety of intelligence gathering disciplines complementary to the technical "mainstream" of imagery intelligence and signals intelligence.
- National Security Agency : An organization within the United States Department of Defense, with the dual roles of the principal signals intelligence agency in the United States intelligence community, but also having the responsibility for information assurance of military, diplomatic, and other critical communications.
- Office of Strategic Services : The United States' first unified agency for clandestine intelligence collection, all-source intelligence analysis and covert action
- Saudi Arabia : A country in the Middle East, governed by a monarchy under Islamic law, which includes the most revered sites in Islam, and also dominates the world's oil economy.
- Secret Intelligence Service : Britain's national-level civilian organization for intelligence and covert action
- Security Service : British domestic counterintelligence service, without police powers
- Service de Documentation Exterieure et de Contre-Espionage : The civilian external intelligence and covert action organization of France
- Servizio per le Informazioni e la Sicurezza Militare : Most often SISMI, the former external intelligence service of Italy, under military control, now replaced by the Agenzia Informazioni e Sicurezza Esterna (AISE).
- U.S. Department of Justice : The Cabinet level department headed by the Attorney General, which supervises the FBI and 58 other Agencies.
- United States intelligence community : The United States' intelligence agencies coordinated by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.