National Institute of Standards and Technology/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to National Institute of Standards and Technology, or pages that link to National Institute of Standards and Technology or to this page or whose text .
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Technology : Study and practice of applying knowledge creatively to tasks that involve both people and machines; also, the tools, equipment or other products that result from technological knowledge.
- International Bureau of Weights and Measures : An international standards organization (commonly referred to as the BIPM) established to maintain the International System of Units (SI).
- International Organization for Standardization : A non-governmental international standard-setting body composed of representatives from various national standards organizations.
- ISO A redirect
- International System of Units : Metric unit system based on the metre, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole and candela.
- SI: A redirect
- Systems of measurement : A set of units which can be used to specify anything which can be measured and were historically important, regulated and defined because of trade and internal commerce.
- U.S. Department of Commerce : An executive-level department of the United States federal government whose mission is to foster, serve and promote the economic development and technological advancement of the nation.