Nangarhar Province/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Nangarhar Province, or pages that link to Nangarhar Province or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Nangarhar Province. Needs checking by a human.
- Gulbuddin Hekmatyar : Afghan radical jihadist leader, not affiliated with the Taliban, at large in Afghanistan or Pakistan
- International Security Assistance Force : United Nations authorized, North Atlantic Treaty Organization-commanded military and security force in Afghanistan, in both a combat and training role
- Islamic Party of Afghanistan : A Pashtun-dominated Afghan political party, split into factions variously part of the government (Hezb-i-Islam) under Yunis Khalis versus Hezb-i-Islam Gulbuddin under Gulbuddin Hekmatyar (HIG), which cooperates with the Taliban but is also negotiating with the Karzai government
- Jalalabad : The capital of Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan.
- Jalaluddin Haqqani : Commander of Taliban armed forces but also a Pashtun Ghilzai with independent affiliations with Pakistan, both Inter-Service Intelligence and tribal, as well as his home area of Afghanistan
- Kabul : Capital of Afghanistan.
- Khyber pass : A mountain pass on the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Osama bin Laden : Radical jihadist who, with Ayman al-Zawahiri, founded a group known as al-Qaeda, which is credited with a series of terrorist attacks.
- Provinces of Afghanistan : There are 34 Provinces of Afghanistan.
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Towr Kham : a town in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan, on the border with Pakistan.