From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- CIA World Factbook, 2007. online
- Fogel, Robert W. The Escape from Hunger and Premature Death, 1700-2100: Europe, America, and the Third World (2004)
- Omran A.R. "The epidemiologic transition: a theory of the epidemiology of population change." Milbank Memorial Fund Quarterly (1971) 49:501-538
- Haupt, Arthur, and Thomas T. Kane. Population Handbook (Population Reference Bureau, 5th ed. 2004) online (5th ed. 2004), A quick 72pp guide to population dynamics; explains how to calculate and use major rates, ratios, and other measures from the birth rate to the life table; includes tips on interpreting population data.
- Kellehear, Allan. A Social History of Dying, (Cambridge University Press; 2007, 310 pages). Draws on literary, medical, philosophical, and other texts in a study of ideas about dying from ancient societies to the present
- Riley, James C. Rising Life Expectancy: A Global History (2001)
- Shryock, H.S. and Jacob S. Siegal. The methods and materials of Demography. (1978) Chapter 14 and 15.
- Weeks, John R. Population: An Introduction to Concepts and Issues (10th ed. 2007)
- Wendel, Helmut, and Christopher S Wendel. Vital Statistics of the United States Births, Life Expectancy, Deaths and Selected Health Data (2006)
- Yaukey, David and Douglas L. Anderton. Demography: The Study of Human Population. 2nd ed. 2001. Chapter 5