Mobile Gun System/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Mobile Gun System, or pages that link to Mobile Gun System or to this page or whose text .
- Cannon : Sizable crew-served weapons, which fire projectiles through a tube called a barrel.
- Direct support : "A [military] mission requiring a force to support another specific force and authorizing it to answer directly to the supported force’s request for assistance." (U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff)
- M8 Buford (mobile gun system) : Add brief definition or description
- M1128 mobile gun system : Direct support self-propelled 105mm cannon in the Stryker family of the U.S. Army
- M60 Patton (tank) : A widely used U.S. designed main battle tank (military) tank, replaced by the M1 Abrams (tank), and itself a derivative of the M48 Patton (tank)
- Magazine (firearms) : In current use, a reservoir, capable of being attached to a weapon, which holds ready-to-use ammunition. Historically has been used for ready-use ammunition storage points or long-term ammunition storage and maintenance facilities