From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Mnemonic, or pages that link to Mnemonic or to this page or whose text .
- Cognition : The central nervous system's processing of information relevant to interacting with itself and its internal and external environment.
- Language : A type of communication system; this term is used in linguistics, computer science and other fields to refer to different systems, including 'natural language' in humans, programming languages run on computers, and so on.
- Memory : The cognitive processes that lead to the retaining and recalling of past experience.
- Amnesia : Pathologic partial or complete loss of the ability to recall past experiences (retrograde amnesia) or to form new memories (anterograde amnesia).
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Dementia : Progressive decline in two or more cognitive domains that is severe enough to interfere with the performance of everyday activities.