Missile Technology Control Regime/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Missile Technology Control Regime, or pages that link to Missile Technology Control Regime or to this page or whose text .
- Non-proliferation : Add brief definition or description
- Arms control : Treaties and implementation agreements to restrict the development, production, deployment, or transfer of specified weapons or weapons technologies.
- Guided missile : A weapon that flies through air or space, under its own power, which adjusts its course to hit its target.
- National technical means of verification : Euphemism principally for imagery intelligence satellites and other means of strategic arms control verification, principally because the Soviet Union did not want its public to know that they could not prevent Western observation of the state
- Unmanned aerial vehicle : Add brief definition or description
- Weapons of mass destruction : Weapons that cause death or injury not primarily through kinetic energy of projectiles or the detonation of conventional explosives, but rather produce large-scale effects greater than possible with the same weight of explosives weapons; by means heat, blast and radiation from nuclear weapon; poisoning by chemical weapon; infectious disease by biological weapons; or acute or chronic radiation syndromes from radiological weapons.