Many thanks September donors. October donations open to all users. - Donate here
Mine warfare/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes and topics related to Mine warfare, or pages that link to Mine warfare or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Mine warfare. Needs checking by a human.
- Anti-surface warfare : (ASuW) In the context of naval warfare, the mission of attacking surface vessels, from small boats to supertankers and aircraft carriers, from platforms under naval command and control
- Armed helicopter : A helicopter that can be configured to carry troops or cargo only, light weapons and troops, or possibly a heavier ammunition load with still-removable weapons.
- Demining : A subset of mine warfare, usually refers to clearing land mines after the end of conflict; it is sometimes called humanitarian demining, and is often done by organizations much more poorly equipped than combat engineers
- GBU-43 Massive Ordnance Air Blast : The U.S. non-nuclear bomb with the greatest explosive power, which is dropped from a transport aircraft and makes a guided glide to its target area
- Littoral Combat Ship : Lighter than a U.S. destroyer or frigate, (but heavier than a corvette or fast attack craft) relatively low-cost U.S. Navy warship type, capable of ocean crossings but optimized for coastal operations including mine warfare (MIW), anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and anti-surface warfare (ASW).
- Mine (land warfare) : A destructive device used in land warfare, which waits passively for a target and then detonates due to some action or physical property of the target; in general usage, mines are purpose-built while improvised explosive devices are not
- Naval vessel designation code : A system of alphabetic type codes for various naval vessels, widely used worldwide but with the specific name of a ship type subject to national usage
- Navy : A military force organized primarily for missions on, under, or above bodies of water
- Osprey Class Coastal Mine Hunter : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Navy : The branch of the United States Armed Forces charged with sea operations
- Warship : A ship designed to employ weapons and sensors in direct naval warfare