Mine (naval warfare)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Mine (naval warfare), or pages that link to Mine (naval warfare) or to this page or whose text .
- Blockade : Add brief definition or description
- Naval warfare : The military history of the organized navies of the world from 300 BCE to the present.
- Minehunting : Add brief definition or description
- Minesweeping : Add brief definition or description
- Explosives : Explosive agent; a compound or mixture susceptible of a rapid chemical reaction, as gunpowder, or nitroglycerin.
- Mine (land warfare) : A destructive device used in land warfare, which waits passively for a target and then detonates due to some action or physical property of the target; in general usage, mines are purpose-built while improvised explosive devices are not
- Torpedo : A naval weapon that travels underwater, using its own propulsion, to attack its target, minimally with onboard mechanisms to keep it on a straight course. Modern torpedoes are underwater guided missiles that can track their target and adjust their course to hit it