Mie prefecture/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Mie prefecture, or pages that link to Mie prefecture or to this page or whose text .
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Honshu : (本州 Honshuu) largest of the islands of Japan, divided into five regions and including the cities of Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima; population about 103,000,000.
- Kansai : (関西地方 Kansai-chihoo), region of Japan also known as Kinki (近畿地方 Kinki-chihoo) on Honshu island, divided into seven prefectures and including the cities of Kyoto and Osaka; population about 22,500,000.
- Tokai : (東海地方 Tookai-chihoo) sub-region of central Japan including Shizuoka, Aichi, Gifu and Mie prefectures; population about 15,000,000.
- Ise : (伊勢市 Ise-shi), Japanese city best-known for its Shinto shrines; population about 100,000.
- Suzuka, Mie : (鈴鹿市 Suzuka-shi) city in Mie prefecture, Japan, known for hosting Formula One motor racing.
- Suzuka Circuit : (鈴鹿サーキット Suzuka Saakitto) racing track used for Formula One motor racing and other events in Mie prefecture, Japan, and named after the city where it is located (鈴鹿市 Suzuka-shi).
- Mie University : A higher education institution in Mie prefecture, Japan.
- Chubu : (中部地方 Chuubu-chihoo), region of Japan on Honshu island, divided into nine prefectures and including the city of Nagoya and Mount Fuji; population about 21,700,000.