Meromorphic functions/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Meromorphic functions, or pages that link to Meromorphic functions or to this page or whose text .
In complex analysis, a meromorphic function on an open subset D of the complex plane is a function that is holomorphic on all D except a set of isolated points, which are poles for the function. (The terminology comes from the Ancient Greek “meros” (μέρος), meaning part, as opposed to “holos” (ὅλος), meaning whole.)
- Function of complex variable : Add brief definition or description
- Mathematical analysis : Add brief definition or description
- Holomorphic function : Function from to is called holomorphic in domain if for every open domain there exist derivative .
- Entire function : is a function that is holomorphic in the whole complex plane.
- Special function : Various families of solution functions corresponding to cases of the hypergeometric equation or functions used in the equation's study, such as the gamma function.