From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Hendrik Antoon Lorentz: Dutch theoretical physicist (1853 - 1928)
- Lorentz force: Force on an electrically charged particle that moves through a magnetic and an electric field.
- : Transformation of a space-time coordinate system to another system that moves with respect to first.
- : A group consisting of Lorentz transformations.
- : The contraction of length of a rod that moves with velocity close to speed of light.
- Lorentz-Lorenz relation: An equation describing the relation between the density and index of refraction of a dielectric.
- : Function of a single variable often appearing as distribution function in physical and statistical processes.
- Lorentz medal: Awarded by the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences every four years to an outstanding (theoretical) physicist.
See also Lorenz (disambiguation).