From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Lithostratigraphy, or pages that link to Lithostratigraphy or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Lithostratigraphy. Needs checking by a human.
- Age (geology) : The fundamental chronostratigraphic unit.
- Biostratigraphy : A domain of stratigraphy that involves the identification of fossils and their position relative to their occurrences in space and time.
- Chronostratigraphy : The branch of stratigraphy that studies the relative time relations and ages of rock bodies.
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Geochronology : Science of determining the absolute age of rocks, fossils, and sediments, within a certain degree of uncertainty inherent within the method used.
- Geochronometry : A branch of stratigraphy and of geochronology aimed at the quantitative measurement of geologic time.
- Geologic ages of earth history : Measurement of the geologic history of the earth which can be broadly classified into two periods: the Precambrian supereon and the Phanerozoic eon.
- Magnetostratigraphy : Studies of the magnetic characteristics of rocks.
- Sedimentary geology : Science concerned with the physical and chemical properties of sedimentary rocks and the processes involved in their formation, including transportation, deposition, and lithification of sediments.
- Stage (geology) : A unit in the study of soil layers.
- Stratigraphy : The interdisciplinary science field that describes all rock bodies that form the Earth's crust and the manner in which they are organised into distinctive units that are then mapped.