Liberation theology/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Liberation theology, or pages that link to Liberation theology or to this page or whose text .
- Catholicism : 1. A large group of Christian denominations which view themselves as being in historical and doctrinal continuity with Catholic Christianity as it existed before the Great Schisms that separated the church universal into different communions. It is taken from the word catholic, used in the sense of universal, or all-embracing. 2. Adherence, membership or affiliation with the Roman Catholic Church. To use the term "Catholic" to describe only Roman Catholics is standard among many, but may offend Christians of other denominations who also view themselves as "Catholic", such as many Anglicans, Orthodox Christians and High Lutherans.
- Religion : Belief in, and systems of, worshipful dedication to a superhuman power or belief in the ultimate nature of existence.
- Theology : Discipline that engages in dialogue and reflection about God and religion.
- Black liberation theology : Interpretation centering upon African-American experiences for theological inquiry and reflection.
- Leonardo Boff : Add brief definition or description
- Gustavo Gutierrez : Add brief definition or description
- José Porfirio Miranda : Add brief definition or description
- Oscar Arnulfo Romero : Add brief definition or description
- Second Latin American Episcopal Conference : Add brief definition or description
- Camillo Torres : Add brief definition or description
- Feminist theology : Interpretation centering upon women for theological inquiry and reflection.
- Latin America : The region of the Americas that shares a common tradition and historical heritage of European colonization, mostly Iberian.
- Queer theology : Add brief definition or description
- South America : The fourth largest of the Earth's continents, one of the pieces that broke up from the former supercontinent Gondwana.