From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Leukocytosis, or pages that link to Leukocytosis or to this page or whose text .
- Blood : The body fluid that circulates in the vascular system (i.e., blood vessels). Whole blood includes plasma and blood cells.
- Leukocyte : Colourless cells of the immune system which defend the body against both infectious disease and foreign materials, and grouped into neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, lymphocytes, and monocytes.
- Hematology : In broad terms, the study of the morphology, physiology, and pathology of the blood and blood-forming tissues; also a subspecialty of internal medicine dealing with the diseases of these tissues
- Basophilia : Add brief definition or description
- Eosinophilia : Abnormal increase of eosinophils in the blood, tissues or organs
- Neutrophilia : Add brief definition or description
- Lymphocytosis : Add brief definition or description
- Monocytosis : Add brief definition or description
- Systemic inflammatory response syndrome : The spectrum of elicited pathophysiologic changes resulting from excess production of inflammatory mediators, which orchestrate the process of inflammation through various processes.
- Leukemia : Progressive but treatable disease of the leukocytes in the blood and their precursors in bone marrow; classified by the maturity of the proliferating cells