From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- European Union : Political and economic association of 28 European states.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Great Britain : The largest part of the United Kingdom, comprising England, Scotland, Wales and islands immediately off their coasts.
- England : The largest and southernmost country in the United Kingdom, and location of the largest city and seat of government, London; population about 51,000,000.
- Home Counties : Add brief definition or description
- Yorkshire and the Humber : One of England's nine administrative regions, consisting of most of Yorkshire and northern Lincolnshire.
- West Yorkshire : A ceremonial county contained within the west of Yorkshire.
- Yorkshire : Region of northern England and the United Kingdom.
- Birmingham : The second-most populous British city, and a metropolitan borough in the West Midlands county of England.
- Grand Hotel (Scarborough) : Hotel in Scarborough, England; when completed in 1867, one of the largest hotels in the world.
- Leicester : Major English city in Leicestershire in the Midlands.
- London : Capital city of the United Kingdom (pop. 7,556,900).
- Manchester : City and metropolitan borough of Greater Manchester, northwestern England, on the Irwell, Medlock, Irk, and Tib rivers.
- Nottingham : A large city in central England.
- York : City in North Yorkshire, England, at the meeting point of the rivers Ouse and Foss.