LDL cholesterol/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to LDL cholesterol, or pages that link to LDL cholesterol or to this page or whose text .
- Cholesterol : Principal sterol of all higher animals.
- Lipoprotein : A molecular mixture of long chains of fatty and amino acids.
- Cardiology : The subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the cardiovascular system
- Gastroenterology : A subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the study of the physiology and diseases of the digestive system and related structures (esophagus, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas
- HDL cholesterol : Add brief definition or description
- Atherosclerosis : Thickening and loss of elasticity of the walls of medium and large muscular arteries with lesions in the innermost layer.
- Statin : HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors which reduce 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl CoA and lower cholesterol synthesis.
- Niacin : Add brief definition or description
- Liver : A vital organ of humans and other vertebrates, it is the largest solid organ in the human body.