Square kilometre/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Square kilometre, or pages that link to Square kilometre or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Factor-label conversion of units : A widely used method for converting one set of dimensional units to another set of equivalent units.
- Kilometre : An SI unit of length, equal to 1000 metres, commonly used for measuring distances on the earth's surface.
- Measurement : The act of quantifying a property of an object or relation; the output of the instrument or procedure that does the quantification
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Metre (unit) : Unit of length; one of the seven SI base units.
- Mile : A non-SI unit of length, equal to 1.609 kilometres, and equivalent to 5,280 feet.
- Square Kilometre Array : Add brief definition or description
- International System of Units : Metric unit system based on the metre, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole and candela.
- U.S. customary units : The units of measurement that are currently used in the United States.