From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Measurement, or pages that link to Measurement or to this page or whose text .
- Physics : The study of forces and energies in space and time.
- Chemistry : The science of matter, or of the electrical or electrostatical interactions of matter.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Factor-label conversion of units : A widely used method for converting one set of dimensional units to another set of equivalent units.
- International System of Units : Metric unit system based on the metre, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole and candela.
- Measure (mathematics) : Systematic way to assign to each suitable subset a number, intuitively interpreted as the size of the subset.
- Systems of measurement : A set of units which can be used to specify anything which can be measured and were historically important, regulated and defined because of trade and internal commerce.
- U.S. customary units : The units of measurement that are currently used in the United States.