Janis Joplin/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Janis Joplin, or pages that link to Janis Joplin or to this page or whose text .
- Blues : A music genre based on the use of the blues chord progressions (I-IV-V) and blue notes.
- 1995 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony : 1995 awards ceremony dinner to induct musical artists and industry luminaries into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, held at New York City's Waldorf-Astoria Grand Ballroom.
- Alcohol : A chemical compound that contains a hydroxy group (OH).
- Bob Dylan : American singer-songwriter beginning in the 1960's and later a member of the Travelling Wilburys.
- Heroin : An organic chemical opioid drug derived from morphine.
- Jefferson Airplane : An American rock band founded in 1965, in San Francisco.
- Pacific Ocean : the largest single mass of water in the world, lying between Asia and Australia on its west, and North America and South America on its east.
- San Francisco : The fourth-largest city in California, and the center of the Bay Area.