James Cartwright/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to James Cartwright, or pages that link to James Cartwright or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/James Cartwright. Needs checking by a human.
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff : The senior member of the uniformed services of the United States, statutory senior military adviser to the President and Secretary of Defense; currently Admiral Mike Mullen; policy developer and adviser not in the operational chain of command
- F-18 Hornet : A relatively lightweight carrier-capable multirole fighter, developed by the United States Navy and used by several nations, including Canada, in land-based roles; a fourth-generation fighter gradually being replaced by the F-18E/F Super Hornet, and then the F-35.
- F-4 Phantom II : An extremely successful third-generation fighter, the first effective multirole fighter, which, even after its replacement as a first-line fighter, continued in reconnaissance and suppression of enemy air defense roles well into the 1990s.
- Joint Chiefs of Staff : The staff committee of the most senior members of the U.S. military services, charged with policy advice, doctrinal development, and preparedness rather than operational control of forces
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology : A private research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts with a strong emphasis on scientific and technological research.
- Mike Mullen : Admiral, United States Navy, who is Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the United States, and previously served as Chief of Naval Operations
- United States Strategic Command : The U.S. unified headquarters for the missions of worldwide nuclear and conventional precision strike; command, control, communications, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance in support of strategic operations; global network operations of the Global Information Grid, information operations, ballistic missile defense, and reduction of Weapons of Mass Destruction threats
- Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff : Second-ranking member of the U.S. military and Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), not in the line of operational command but in the statutory advisory function of the JCS