From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Islamophobia, or pages that link to Islamophobia or to this page or whose text .
- Islam : Religion founded by Muhammad whose sacred book is the Qur'an (Koran).
- Demagoguery : Using highly polarized speech, addressed to an "ingroup", to incite anger at an "alien" group, in order to gain political power with the ingroup
- Jihad : Literally meaning "struggle", a Muslim concept that can refer to an inward-directed personal process to submit to God's will, or to an external combat with the enemies of Islam
- Radical Islamism : From the perspective of Western liberal democracy, the use of both political and violent methods to establish Islamist theocratic rule, either in existing democracies or in emerging states
Politicians focused on the threat of Islam
Journalists focused on the threat of Islam
- Robert Spencer : Director of Jihad Watch and Dhimmi Watch; advisory board, American Congress for Truth; columnist, Frontpage Magazine
- Brigitte Gabriel : President, American Congress for Truth; advisor, U.S. Committee for a Free Lebanon; Hasbara speakers bureau
- Pamela Geller : An American conservative blogger specializing in concern over radical Islamism
- Islamophobia Watch : A British website that looks at Islamophobia as an ideological tool, and monitors media for incorrect or distorted statements
- Coexistence Trust : A group concerned with both antisemitism and Islamophobia, acting both with governments and with education
- Council on American Islamic Relations : Self-described as a Muslim American civil liberties and advocacy group, which makes its audited finances public, a group that has been challenged as a militant Islamic front by generally ideological critics
Incidents and media
- Juan Williams : American (US) journalist who came to national attention in 2010 following his firing from National Public Radio for controversial remarks.
- Park51 : Formerly named Cordoba House, and called the Ground Zero Mosque by opponents, a proposed Islamic community center and mosque near the World Trade Center site, although not in line of sight of it
- Antisemitism : In basic usage, hostility against, or persecution of, Jews, rather than ethnically Semitic people in general, or non-Semitic Jews
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.