Isambard Kingdom Brunel/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Isambard Kingdom Brunel, or pages that link to Isambard Kingdom Brunel or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- : The world's first major railway, covering the 118 miles between Bristol and London completed in 1848.
- Thames Tunnel : Add brief definition or description
- Bridge : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Bridge (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Railroad : Technology that allows vehicles to travel on networks of fixed rails.
- Industrial Revolution : A period of major economic transformation in Britain from the 1750s to the 1830s, characterized by the growth of a new system comprising factories, railroads, coal mining and business enterprises using new technologies.