From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
(Redirected from Bridge)
- Bridge (civil engineering) : A structure to take a road, railroad, footpath, conveyer belt, or other structure over an unpassable obstacle, such as water, a deep trench, etc.
- Bridge (computer network) : A relay that makes forwarding plane decisions based on MAC addresses or other link-local address information
- Bridge (computer architecture) : Until quite recently, Intel computer chipsets were separated into very-high-speed "northbridge" components including the central processor, video processor, and cache memory, and "southbridge" components for lower-speed external input-output
- Bridge (military engineering) : A bridge that crosses impassable structures, but is also transportable, in the form of a folding bridge on a vehicle, pontoons over which a roadway can be carried over water, etc.
- Bridge loan : Add brief definition or description