Iran-Iraq War/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Iran-Iraq War, or pages that link to Iran-Iraq War or to this page or whose text .
- Iran : Country in the Middle East.
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- Fao Peninsula : Southernmost part of Iraq, in the waterway between Iran and Iraq and extending near Kuwait
- French support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war : French technical assistance and sales of military and dual-use equipment, beginning in approximately 1975, to Iraq, and continuing through the Iran-Iraq War; France and the Soviet Union were the leading military suppliers to Iraq
- Italian support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War : Add brief definition or description
- Soviet support for Iran during the Iran-Iraq War : Soviet efforts to maintain a positive relationship during and after the Iran-Iraq War; they regarded Iran as more strategically important than Iraq
- Soviet support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War : Soviet technical assistance and sales of military and dual-use equipment, beginning in approximately 1975, to Iraq, and continuing through the Iran-Iraq War; the Soviet Union and France were the leading military suppliers to Iraq
- U.K. support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War : Most support to Iraq was without the knowledge or approval of U.K. government, but through covert Iraqi purchasing; some authorized dual-use sales were made, but largely ceased with the UN embargo
- Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps : Called the Pasdaran in Farsi, and the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution in English, the military and paramilitary force separate from the regular armed forces of Iran, with a strong religious motivation and clerical control; accused of being involved in terrorism
- Pasdaran : Add brief definition or description
- Chemical weapon : A weapon that cause death or disease by means of chemical interaction with the metabolism of the victim, as opposed to causing injury through blast, thermal, or other effects not on a molecular level
- Chemical Weapons Convention : Arms control treaty which prohibits the production, use and possession of chemical weapons and related assets.
- Gulf War : The conflict started by the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990, and ended with the liberation of Kuwait and major damage to Iraqi forces, by a US-led UN coalition in 1991.
- Saddam Hussein : (1937–2006) Deposed and executed ruler of Iraq.
- Ruhollah Khomeini : Add brief definition or description