Horatio Hornblower/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Horatio Hornblower, or pages that link to Horatio Hornblower or to this page or whose text .
- C.S. Forester : Pseudonym of Cecil Louis Troughton Smith (1899-1966), author and creator of the fictional hero Horatio Hornblower.
- Literature : The profession of “letters” (from Latin litteras), and written texts considered as aesthetic and expressive objects.
- Historical novel : A form of fiction which places its fictional characters in historical settings where they interact with the real people of the time.
- Lieutenant Hornblower : Add brief definition or description
- Hornblower and the Hotspur : Add brief definition or description
- Hornblower and the Atropos : A novel in the Horatio Hornblower series about a talented Royal Navy officer, as a new captain, moving from an extremely visible ceremonial assignment in the funeral of Lord Nelson to a clandestine operation to recover sunken treasure, where failure would be career-ending yet few officers could rise to the challenges
- The Happy Return : C.S. Forester novel set in 1809 that introduced Horatio Hornblower, a fictional frigate captain in the Royal Navy; U.S. title Beat to Quarters
- Ship of the Line : Add brief definition or description
- Flying Colours : Add brief definition or description
- Lord Hornblower : Novel by C.S. Forester about a 19th century naval hero.
- Commodore Hornblower : Add brief definition or description
- Admiral Hornblower in the West Indies : Add brief definition or description
- William Bush : A fictional naval officer in the Horatio Hornblower series, first a lieutenant senior to him, and then to become his most trusted subordinate through many books
- Lady Barbara Wellesley : Add brief definition or description
- Royal Navy : By long naval tradition, when there is no qualifier but "Royal", the navy being discussed is that of the United Kingdom.
- Napoleonic Wars : A series of wars waged against the First French Empire (also known as the Napoleonic Empire), c. 1803-1815.
- Horatio Nelson : Distinguished officer of the Royal Navy during the Napoleonic Wars, who set a standard for both real-world and fictional naval officers
- Thomas Cochrane : Add brief definition or description