Henry Clay/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Henry Clay, or pages that link to Henry Clay or to this page or whose text .
- Whig Party : Party of the Second Party System, 1830 to mid-1850s, formed by Henry Clay to battle President Andrew Jackson's policies.
- Second Party System : Term used by historians and political scientists referring to the United States' political system from about 1828 to 1854.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- Democratic-Republican Party : A United States political party during the First Party System, 1792-1820s, founded by Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.
- Compromise of 1850 : In U.S. history a series of laws intending to resolve pro-slavery/anti-slavery issues but yielded only greater conflict leading, eventually, to the American Civil War.
- War of 1812 : A sideshow, 1812-1815, of the Napoleonic Wars, between the United States and Great Britain; Britain ignored American demands to end the impressment (seizure) of American sailors, interference with American maritime rights, and support for hostile Indians in the American West; the war was essentially a draw