Heart rate/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Heart rate, or pages that link to Heart rate or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Heart rate. Needs checking by a human.
- Abdominojugular test : The abdominojugular test (AJR), also known as hepatojugular reflux, is used as an alternate physical examination test for measuring central venous pressure through the distension or swelling of the jugular vein.
- Adrenergic beta-antagonist : Drugs that bind to but do not activate beta-adrenergic receptors thereby blocking the actions of beta-adrenergic agonists. Adrenergic beta-antagonists are used for treatment of hypertension, cardiac arrhythmias, angina pectoris, glaucoma, migraine headaches, and anxiety.
- Anxiety : A physiological state marked by demonstrable changes in cognitive, somatic, emotional, and behavioral components.
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Life extension : Medical and non-medical attempts to slow down or reverse the processes of aging, to extend both the maximum and average lifespan.
- Perioperative care : Interventions to provide care prior to, during, and immediately after surgery.
- Pharmacology : Study of the changes produced in living animals by chemical substances, especially the actions of therapeutics, substances used to treat disease.
- Preoperative care : Preparation and management of a patient prior to surgery.
- Sympathetic nervous system : Portion of the autonomic nervous system concerned with nonvolitional preparation of the organism for emergency situations.
- Tetanus : Acute, often fatal disease characterized by spasmodic contraction of voluntary muscles, especially those of the neck and jaw, and caused by the toxin of the bacillus Clostridium tetani.