Health physics/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Health physics, or pages that link to Health physics or to this page or whose text .
- Ionizing radiation : Subatomic particles or electromagnetic waves that are energetic enough to detach electrons from atoms or molecules, ionizing them.
- Radiology : A physician specialty with a core competence in obtaining and diagnosing by means of instruments that receive energy transmitted through the body; there are a number of subspecialties.
- Instrumentation for radioactivity : Devices that variously detect, measure and characterize radioactivity; they may be intended for field or laboratory use
- Acute radiation syndrome : Disease or death caused by whole-body irradiation, over a short period of time, with a significant quantity of penetrating radiation
- Fractionated radiotherapy : Medical treatment with ionizing radiation, in which the total dose is spread over multiple treatment sessions, and possibly multiple exposures within the same session