From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Hashemites: A family that traces its lineage to the household of the Prophet Muhammad and back to the Old Testament prophet Abraham, which is a major part of Middle East history and politics; the ruling dynasty of Jordan is Hashemite
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Jordan : An Arab country of the Middle East, landlocked and bordered by Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and the West Bank of Palestine
- Hussein bin Ali : Emir of Mecca who declared the Arab Revolt (First World War) against the Ottoman Empire, of the Hashemites
- Abdullah I (Jordan) : Add brief definition or description
- Hussein (Jordan) : Add brief definition or description
- Abdullah II (Jordan) : (1962-) Head of state of Jordan since 1999; of the line of Hashemites
- House of Saud : Current royal family of Saudi Arabia, whose first leader, Abd al-Aziz ibn Saud, took power in 1932; founded by Muhammad ibn Saud and associated with leadership of Wahhabism since 1744
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- Arab Revolt (First World War) : A complex set of political, intelligence, and military actions that led to Arab tribal support of Allied actions against the Ottoman Empire, roughly covering the 1915-1918 period
- Gertrude Bell : (1868-1926) British expert on the Middle East, involved in strategic intelligence for the Arab Revolt (First World War) and had a major influence on the formation of modern Iraq.