Greater Tokyo Area/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Greater Tokyo Area, or pages that link to Greater Tokyo Area or to this page or whose text .
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Honshu : (本州 Honshuu) largest of the islands of Japan, divided into five regions and including the cities of Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Hiroshima; population about 103,000,000.
- Kanto : (関東地方 Kantoo-chihoo), region of Japan on Honshu island, divided into seven prefectures and including the capital, Tokyo; population about 41,650,000.
See also prefectures
- Chiba prefecture : (千葉県 Chiba-ken) area of Japan located in the Kanto region of Honshu island; population about 6,100,000.
- Kanagawa prefecture : (神奈川県 Kanagawa-ken) area of Japan located in the Kanto region of Honshu island; population about 8,850,000.
- Saitama prefecture : (埼玉県 Saitama-ken) area of Japan located in the Kanto region of Honshu island; population about 7,100,000.
Notable cities and towns
- Tokyo : (東京 Tookyoo) capital of Japan, a densely-populated metropolitan region of many cities in the Kanto region of Honshu island; population about 13,000,000.
- Yokohama : Add brief definition or description