Great Siege of Scarborough Castle/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Great Siege of Scarborough Castle, or pages that link to Great Siege of Scarborough Castle or to this page or whose text .
- Scarborough Castle : Ruined stone castle on the east coast of Yorkshire, England, begun in mid-twelfth century.
- Scarborough, North Yorkshire : Seaside resort, fishing port and former spa town on the east coast of North Yorkshire, England; once an important mediaeval port and site of a major royal castle (population about 52,000).
- English Civil War : 1641-1651 conflict between Parliamentarians and Royalists loyal to the monarchy.
- Siege : When one side during hostilities attempts to blockade the other within a population centre or structure such as a city or a castle.
- Sir Hugh Cholmley, 1st Baronet : Add brief definition or description
- Sir Matthew Boynton, 1st Baronet : Add brief definition or description