Gian Gentile/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Gian Gentile, or pages that link to Gian Gentile or to this page or whose text .
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- Military strategy : The highest-level national concept of the use of pure military power, inlcluding setting the composition of the military and its deployment; high-level regional objectives in war; military research and setting military production priorities
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- Iraq War, insurgency : The period of the Iraq War following the end of major combat operations, and the beginning of significant guerrilla warfare in July - August 2003.
- Iraq War, Surge : A U.S. campaign, announced on 10 January 2007, to flood the Baghdad area with at least 20,000 more American troops, to improve security to a point where the Iraqi Security Forces could protect the population
- 2006 Israeli operations in Lebanon : Add brief definition or description
- Creighton Abrams : General in the U.S. Army, who was the last head of Military Assistance Command, Vietnam and then Chief of Staff of the Army, who built the volunteer army and restructured the reserve components under the Total Force Concept
- David Petraeus : General, U.S. Army, presently commanding United States Central Command after having the senior command in Iraq, long associated with counterinsurgency doctrine
- John Nagl : President of the Center for a New American Security; member of the Defense Policy Board,a Visiting Professor in the War Studies Department at Kings College of London, member Council on Foreign Relations, International Institute for Strategic Studies; retired lieutenant colonel, United States Army; combat experience in Gulf War and Iraq War