From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
(Redirected from Georgia)
Georgia may mean:
- Georgia (country): A country in the Caucasus to the southeast of Continental Europe and at the east coast of the Black Sea.
- Georgia (U.S. state): One of the original 13 states of the USA
- Formerly Province of Georgia, one of the Thirteen Colonies (1732–1805).
Other geographical meanings:
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, a territory of the United Kingdom in the South Atlantic Ocean
- Strait of Georgia, also known as Georgia Strait and Gulf of Georgia
- Georgia, Vermont, a town in the United States of America
- New Georgia, an island, part of the Solomon Islands
- Georgia, Cornwall
- USS or CSS Georgia (ship), American warships
- Georgia (typeface), a font designed by Matthew Carter in 1993
- Georgia (soft drink), a brand of coffee
- Georgia (given name)
- Georgia on My Mind: Song written by Hoagy Carmichael in 1930, made famous by Ray Charles and now the state song of the US state of Georgia.
- Georgia (rap), 2005 song
- Any of University of Georgia's athletic teams
- Georgia Railroad and Banking Company