Genetic engineering/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Genetic engineering, or pages that link to Genetic engineering or to this page or whose text .
- Biotechnology : The application of biological principles in industrial production
- Asilomar Conference : A 1975 international meeting held at Asilomar, California; organized to provide guidelines to regulate biological experiments involving the manipulation of DNA.
- Human genetic engineering : Add brief definition or description
- Protein engineering : Add brief definition or description
- Substantial equivalence : Add brief definition or description
- Transgenic plant : Plants that have been genetically modified by inserting genes directly into a single plant cell, from a different species.
- Transformation : Add brief definition or description
- Gene therapy : Treatment of certain disorders, especially those caused by genetic anomalies or deficiencies, by introducing specific engineered genes into a patient's cells.
- Genetically modified food : Add brief definition or description
- Genetically modified organism : Add brief definition or description
- Genetic engineering in fiction : Add brief definition or description
- Human Genome Project : Genetic sequencing project that has mapped the entirety of one human genome.
- Stem cells : Describes cells that have the potential to differentiate to new cell types; usually encompasses totipotent, pluripotent and multipotent cells.
- Plant breeding : The purposeful manipulation of plant species in order to create desired genotypes and phenotypes for specific purposes, such as food production, forestry, and horticulture.
- Bio-piracy : Add brief definition or description
- Cloning : The generation of genetically identical organisms, using cells derived from an original cell by fission (one cell dividing into two cells) or by mitosis (cell nucleus division with each chromosome splitting into two).