Gatwick Airport/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Gatwick Airport: (IATA code: LGW) Two-terminal airport serving London based near Crawley, with both domestic and short-haul and long-haul international flights.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Airport : Civil, private or military facility for aircraft to take off, land, and often be maintained, minimally comprising a runway or other take-off and landing space, but often much larger and including aircraft hangars, air traffic control towers and terminals.
- BAA Limited : Private limited company that operates numerous airports in the United Kingdom, formerly the nationally-run British Airports Authority before being privatised by Margaret Thatcher's government.
- London : Capital city of the United Kingdom (pop. 7,556,900).
- Transport in the United Kingdom : Add brief definition or description
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Gatwick Express : Non-stopping rail shuttle service operating every fifteen minutes between Gatwick Airport and Victoria. A stopping service is operated by Southern Railway which costs less and operates less frequently.
- Gatwick Airport (railway station) : Add brief definition or description
- Heathrow Airport : (IATA code: LHR) Busiest airport in the United Kingdom, located 14 miles west from central London. Formerly a military airfield, it is currently operated by BAA Limited, the privatised British Airports Authority.
- London City Airport : (IATA code: LCY) Small airport in east London offering mostly short-haul flights to European continental destinations.
- Luton Airport : Add brief definition or description
- Stansted Airport : Add brief definition or description