First Great Awakening/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to First Great Awakening, or pages that link to First Great Awakening or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. Religion, History : Add brief definition or description
- Christianity : The largest world religion, which centers around the worship of one God, his son Jesus Christ, and his Holy Spirit.
- Colonial America : The eastern United States and parts of Canada from the time of European settlement to the time of the American Revolution.
- Second Great Awakening : (1800–1830s): the second great religious revival in American history and consisted of renewed personal salvation experienced in revival meetings combined with dramatically increased interest in philanthropic projects.
- Third Great Awakening : The Third Great Awakening was a period of increased pietism and social activism in the last half of the 19th century; associated with the Social Gospel, Settlement House, and Charity Organization movements.
- Fourth Great Awakening : A religious awakening that some scholars (notably economic historian Robert Fogel) argue took place in the United States during the 1960s and 1970s.
- The Fourth Great Awakening and the Future of Egalitarianism (book by Robert William Fogel) : Add brief definition or description