F-22 Raptor/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to F-22 Raptor, or pages that link to F-22 Raptor or to this page or whose text .
- Fighter aircraft : Airplanes that have a principal mission of destroying other airplanes in flight, often with a secondary capability to attack ground targets
- United States Air Force : One of the uniformed services of the United States, with principal responsibility for land-based long-range and high-performance aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- Air Combat Command : The United States Air Force headquarters responsibility for preparing and training resources for the operational Unified Combatant Commands, as well as doctrinal development
- APG-77 : The active electronically scanned array radar of the F-22 Raptor
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution System : The primary communications system used for sharing tactical information internally, and among NATO, Australia, and other U.S. allies
- Stealth : The popular term for a collection of techniques that make a military vehicle (air, space, land, sea, or undersea) hard to detect and harder to direct weapons against
- AGM-88 HARM : A specialized anti-radiation missile used by U.S., Italian, and German aircraft to attack air defense radar
- AIM-120 AMRAAM : A high-performance. beyond-visual-range, air-to-air missile with inertial midcourse guidance and active radar terminal guidane, developed by the U.S. and used on the aircraft of a number of countries, as well as in surface-to-air missile variants
- AIM-9 Sidewinder : The first operational heat-seeking air-to-air missile, this weapon, with five generations of improvements, has been in service for over fifty years.
- Joint Direct Action Munition : Add brief definition or description
- Network Centric Airborne Defense Element (missile) : An air-launched anti-ballistic missile intended for boost-phase intercept, built on largely existing components from the AIM-120 AMRAAM and AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles and AN/APG-63 radar
- F-117 : The first operational stealth (i.e., low observability) attack aircraft, flown by the U.S. Air Force and beginning to go into retirement in favor of the F-22 Raptor and B-2 Spirit
- F-15 series fighter aircraft : A series of fourth-generation air-to-air and all-weather fighter-bomber aircraft developed by the U.S. Air Force as the high end of a "high-low" mix with the F-16 Fighting Falcon; used by several friendly countries and has the best air-to-air combat record of any operational fighter
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter : A family of 5th generation multirole fighter, being developed in versions to operate from conventional airfields, in short takeoff and vertical landing for small carrier and forward-based land operations, and in carrier-capable conventional takeoff and landing.