Exercise and body weight/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Exercise and body weight, or pages that link to Exercise and body weight or to this page or whose text .
- Circadian rhythms and appetite : Daily variations in the regulation of food intake.
- Energy balance in pregnancy and lactation : Adaptations in the control of food intake and energy expenditure in different reproductive states.
- Evolution of appetite regulating systems : Comparisons of the mechanisms regulating food intake and energy expenditure between species.
- Genetics of obesity : The evidence for a genetic component to obesity in humans.
- Glucostatic theory of appetite control : The theory that changes in blood glucose concentrations or arteriovenous glucose differences are detected by glucoreceptors that affect energy intake.
- Melanocortins and appetite : The regulation of food intake through neuropeptides related to adrenocorticotropic hormone.
- Stress and appetite : The interactions between the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis and the regulation of food intake.
- Bariatric surgery : The surgical removal of body fat.
- Diabesity : A term referring to the intricate relationship between type 2 diabetes and obesity.
- Drug treatments for obesity : Treatments of obesity that are based on drugs.
- Exercise and body weight
- Food reward : The brain mechanisms involved in reinforcing feeding behaviour.
- Gut-brain signalling : The interaction between the gastrointestinal tract and the brain.
- Health consequences of obesity : Long-term effects of obesity on health.