Emerging church movement/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Emerging church movement, or pages that link to Emerging church movement or to this page or whose text .
- Christianity : The largest world religion, which centers around the worship of one God, his son Jesus Christ, and his Holy Spirit.
- Religion : Belief in, and systems of, worshipful dedication to a superhuman power or belief in the ultimate nature of existence.
- Church : The house of worship in Christianity.
- Death of God theology : Theological movement based on Nietzsche's proclamation that "God is dead".
- Postmodernism : A broad collection of critical theories, political attitudes and literary and artistic practices that react to what postmodernists feel to be a modernist culture - one defined by belief in scientific knowledge, moral authority, historical progress and a foundationalist view of language and the self.
- Protestantism : The branch of Christianity that separated from the Roman Catholic Church during the Reformation of the 16th century.
- Christian Right : A number of contemporary right-wing political movements that are specifically Christian, which advocate socially conservative values in politics and the popular culture
- Christian Left : A number of contemporary left-wing political movements that are specifically Christian, which advocate socially liberal/progressive values in politics and the popular culture; they generally are for more separation of church and state than is the Christian Right
- Evangelicalism : A historically recent collection of religious beliefs, practices, and traditions typified by an emphasis on evangelism, and by what adherents call a "personal experience" of conversion.