Electric charge/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Electric charge, or pages that link to Electric charge or to this page or whose text .
- Electricity : The flow or presence of electric charge; the flow of electricity is an important carrier of energy.
- Coulomb's law : An inverse-square distance law, like Newton's gravitational law, describing the forces acting between electric point charges; also valid for the force between magnetic poles.
- Gauss' law (electrostatics) : Relates the surface integral of the electric displacement through a closed surface to the electric charge enveloped by the closed surface.
- Electric potential : The potential energy associated with interacting charges and more commonly known as voltage.
- Liénard–Wiechert potentials : Scalar and vector potentials that allow determination of exact solutions of the Maxwell equations for the electric field and magnetic flux density generated at an arbitrary location by an ideal point charge moving in a trajectory prescribed in advance (not calculated from any dynamical model).