From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Election, or pages that link to Election or to this page or whose text .
- General election (UK) : An election in which all seats in the UK House of Commons (the lower house of Parliament) can be contested.
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Election. Needs checking by a human.
- Association of Electoral Administrators : Organization committed to raising the profile and enhancing the status of electoral administrators.
- Caliphate : An Islamic form of government in which one person acts as head of state, head of government and head of religion; also the jurisdiction of such a government.
- Consent of the governed : Political theory stating that a government's legitimacy and moral right to use state power is, or ought to be, derived from the people or society over which that power is exercised.
- Edinburgh : The capital of Scotland.
- Hanging chad : A piece of paper partially, but not completely, punched from a punch card.
- Kenneth Wollack : President of the National Democratic Institute, a nonpartisan democracy promotion organization; foreign policy journalist; past legislative director of the American Israel Public Action Committee and active in U.S. Democratic Party campaigns
- Law : Body of rules of conduct of binding legal force and effect, prescribed, recognized, and enforced by a controlling authority.
- Membership organization : An organization with explicit procedures, criteria or processes of recognizing or designating members.
- Minority government : Parliamentary government in which the governing party has fewer votes than the parties of the opposition.
- Northern Rhodesia : British protectorate in south central Africa which became Zambia on independence in 1964.
- Ontario : A province in eastern Canada, the second largest in area and with approximately 12,000,000 people (2006 census) the most populous.
- Orval Faubus : (1910-1994) A segregationist politician who served as the 34th Governor of Arkansas from 1955 to 1967.
- Primary election : Election in which voters in a jurisdiction select candidates for a subsequent election.
- Voting system : A methodology for collecting and combining the preferences of a population of voters for various candidates.