From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Drosophilidae, or pages that link to Drosophilidae or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Drosophilidae. Needs checking by a human.
- Drosophila : Flies of the family Drosophilidae, having larvae that feed on ripening or fermenting fruits and vegetables, especially the common species Drosophila melanogaster, often used in genetic research.
- Drosophilinae : The largest subfamily in the Drosophilidae.
- Model organism : Species often used in research as models for the study of biological processes.
- Shaker gene : A gene which plays a part in the operation of potassium ion channels, which are integral membrane proteins and are essential to the correct functioning of the cell, and when mutated in Drosophila melanogaster causes a variety of aberrant leg movements.
- Sophophora : Subgenus of the insect genus Drosophila, containing ten species groups of which Drosophila melanogaster (fruit fly) is the best known.
- Steganinae : Smaller of two subfamilies in the fruit fly family Drosophilidae.