Dred Scott v. Sandford/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Dred Scott v. Sandford, or pages that link to Dred Scott v. Sandford or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. slavery era : The history of black slavery in the United States.
- Roger Taney : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Civil War, Origins : The U.S. Civil War emerged from the expansion of slavery in the U.S. and its implication in all aspects of U.S. society, economy, and politics.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- John Brown : (1800-59) American abolitionist who led a raid on the U.S. federal arsenal at Harpers Ferry and was hanged for his efforts, becoming a martyr in the antislavery fight as a result.
- Abraham Lincoln : (1809-65) Born in Illinois, President of the United States during the American Civil War.
- Frederick Douglass : Add brief definition or description
- Stephen A. Douglas : (April 23, 1813 – June 3, 1861) American politician from the western state of Illinois, who was the Democratic Party nominee for President in 1860, losing to Republican Party candidate Abraham Lincoln.