Director of the Central Intelligence Agency/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, or pages that link to Director of the Central Intelligence Agency or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. Needs checking by a human.
- Barack Obama : 44th President of the United States of America (2009–2017) and a former Senator from Illinois (born 1961).
- Bismullah v. Gates : A U.S. appellate court decision that held that prisoners, in extrajudicial detention at Guantanamo Bay detention camp, had a right to have their defense attorneys review all the classified evidence in their client's dossier
- CIA activities in Europe and Russia : Add brief definition or description
- CIA activities in the Middle East and South Asia : Add brief definition or description
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- Clandestine human-source intelligence : clandestine operations by people who secretly collect intelligence, and their support by couriers, forgers, radio operators, and other operational personnel.
- Covert action : Any of a range of activities, intended to affect the behavior of a target nation or non-national actor, where the fact of the action is known, but the responsibility for the action cannot be proven.
- Director of Central Intelligence : Formerly, the U.S. official that headed both the Central Intelligence Agency and the United States intelligence community; the responsibility is now split between the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (currently Leon Panetta) and the Director of National Intelligence (currently Dennis Blair)
- Director of National Intelligence : The professional head of the United States Intelligence Community, reporting to the President, with Dennis Blair being replaced by James Clapper
- Enhanced interrogation techniques : Coercive interrogation techniques, originally used on U.S. High Value Detainees believed to have critical information on potential terrorism, which are controversial as to whether they violated U.S. and international law
- Executive Schedule (U.S. government) : Add brief definition or description
- Haji Bismullah : An Afghan citizen, who, while working for a pro-US Afghan provincial government, was denounced, held in Guantanamo Bay detention camp for six years, and released in January 2009 as "no longer an enemy combatant"
- High Value Detainee : Terrorist suspects in U.S. custody, considered to have critical information, for which the Central Intelligence Agency was authorized to use interrogation techniques beyond those normally permitted
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- John Brennan : Counterterrorism and intelligence adviser to President Barack Obama
- Leon Panetta : Director of the Central Intelligence Agency in the Obama administration; Member, Iraq Study Group; Chief of Staff in the Clinton Administration; former Member of Congress
- Michael Hayden : Principal, Chertoff Group; General, U.S. Air Force, retired; Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (2008-2009); First Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence (2005 – 2008); Director, National Security Agency (1999–2005)
- Military Commissions Act of 2006 : U.S. law authorizing the President or Secretary of Defense to create tribunals for determining the prisoner of war status of persons captured as non-national combatants, and to try them, outside the regular judicial system, for war crimes
- Obama administration : The policy making organization lead by President Barack Obama.
- U.S. intelligence and transnational counterproliferation activities : An overview over activities of the United States intelligence community, specifically dealing with arms control, weapons of mass destruction and weapons counterproliferation.
- United States intelligence community : The United States' intelligence agencies coordinated by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.