Dau tranh/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Dau tranh, or pages that link to Dau tranh or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Dau tranh. Needs checking by a human.
- Bui Tin : A Senior Colonel in the People's Army of Viet Nam, serving as a staff officer and a journalist for official publications, who was later exiled for his writings on the war
- Central Office for South Vietnam : The operational headquarters for political and military opposition to the Republic of Vietnam (i.e., South Vietnam); a mobile headquarters that operated south of the area under direct control of the People's Army of Viet Nam (i.e., North Vietnamese) during the Vietnam War.
- General Offensive-General Uprising : A series of strategic concepts, still not fully understood in the West, from the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, differing from Chinese and Soviet doctrine, and focused on creating the conditions for victory in first 1965, and then 1968. The eventual execution did not succeed, and caused a change in strategic direction, as well as shifts in power in the Party, after the Tet Offensive.
- Ho Chi Minh : Vietnamese communist and nationalist leader and revolutionary (1890–1969); president of North Vietnam 1946–1969.
- : Within Vietnamese Communist ideology, the concept of the spontaneous, popular general uprising against exploiters, which is a subset of the strategy of General Offensive-General Uprising and the tactics of dau tranh
- National Front for the Liberation of South Vietnam : A political movement, in South Vietnam, opposed to the Republic of Vietnam, and certainly dominated if not completely controlled by the North. It acted as a shadow government and had the Viet Cong as a military wing.
- Strategic Hamlet Program : A program for rural security and counterinsurgency, under the South Vietnamese government of Ngo Dinh Diem and directed by his brother and advisor Ngo Dinh Nhu; its success or failure was considered a metric for the Diem government
- Truong Chinh : North Vietnamese Politburo member and political theorist, especially advocating agrarian land reform, class struggle, and the "political dau trinh" form of strategy rather than the more military form of Vo Nguyen Giap. Both were eclipsed in power by Le Duan.
- U.S. support to South Vietnam before Gulf of Tonkin : A period of overt advisory and combat support by the U.S. to South Vietnam, from roughly 1962 to mid-1964
- Vietnamese Communist grand strategy : Add brief definition or description
- Vo Nguyen Giap : The most prominent general of the Viet Minh, the People's Army of Viet Nam, and eventually Defense Minister and Politburo member of North Vietnam
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China