Dac Lac Province/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Dac Lac Province, or pages that link to Dac Lac Province or to this page or whose text .
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.
- Provinces of Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Central Highlands : Group of three provinces in Vietnam, bordering Laos and Cambodia to the west, and the south central coastal provinces of Vietnam to the east.
- Ban Me Thuot : A town in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, the junction of a number of key highways; During the Vietnam War, it was a MACV-SOG covert action base; the first major town captured in the 1975 North Vietnamese invasion, triggering large-scale refugee flight
- II Corps tactical zone : The geographical command of the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam that covered more land mass than any other region, in Central Vietnam including the Highlands. It roughly corresponded with the operational area of the U.S. II Field Force Vietnam.
- Binh Phuoc Province : A province in the southern and western parts of Vietnam, where the "first crack" in the defenses of South Vietnam, from forces invading from Cambodia, came in 1975
- Cambodia : A country of Southeast Asia, on the Gulf of Thailand, sharing borders with Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos
- Gia Lai Province : Province of the Central Highlands of Vietnam, whose capital is Pleiku.
- Khanh Hoa Province : On the coast of Vietnam, a province that contained major combat and support bases during the Vietnam War, and forms a key transportation corridor for economic development
- Lam Dong Province : Mountainous forested Province in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, having capital city Dalat.
- Montagnard : A general name for a group of tribal societies traditionally in the highlands of Southeast Asia, primarily in Vietnam but also Laos and Cambodia
- Phuc Yen Province : Add brief definition or description