From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Sports : Activities that involve skill and physical exertion, and that are governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.
- Olympic Games : Quadrennial sporting extravaganzas involving athletes from around the world in both Summer and Winter sports competitions; begun in Athens in 1896.
- Biathlon : An athletic competition combining the sport activities of cross-country, or Nordic, skiing, and rifle shooting.
- Bobsleigh : Add brief definition or description
- Ice hockey : A game, played on ice, which consists of two teams of six players, each attempting to drive a small hard rubber disc called a puck into their opponent's goal net.
- Luge : Add brief definition or description
- Skating : Add brief definition or description
- Skiing : Various means of travelling over snow with the aid of skis which are bound to the foot using a special boot; in sporting terms the main classifications are Alpine skiing and Nordic skiing.