From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Religion : Belief in, and systems of, worshipful dedication to a superhuman power or belief in the ultimate nature of existence.
- Ritual : Set of actions, performed mainly for their symbolic value, which is prescribed by a convention or by the traditions of a community.
- Aum Shinrikyo : A Japanese religious organization that conducted weapons of mass destruction operations inside Japan, principally sarin chemical weapon releases in 1994 and 1995
- Church of Scientology : Controversial religion based on the teachings of American author L. Ron Hubbard.
- Heaven's Gate : Add brief definition or description
- Moral panic : A condition, episode, person or group of persons emerges to become defined as a threat to societal values and interests; its nature is presented in a stylized and stereotypical fashion by the mass media; the moral barricades are manned by editors, bishops, politicians and other right-thinking people; socially accredited experts pronounce their diagnosis and solutions; ways of coping are revolved or (more often) resorted to. Stanley Cohen