From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Confusion, or pages that link to Confusion or to this page or whose text .
- Neurobehavioral manifestation : Signs and symptoms of higher cortical dysfunction caused by organic conditions. These include certain behavioral alterations and impairments of skills involved in the acquisition, processing, and utilization of knowledge or information.
- Neurology : The medical specialty concerned with evaluating the nervous system and the other system that it affects, and the treatment of nervous system disorders.
- Psychiatry : The subfield of health sciences concerned with mental disorders.
- Delirium : A disorder characterized by confusion; inattentiveness; disorientation; illusions; hallucinations; agitation; and in some instances autonomic nervous system hyperactivity.
- Dementia : Progressive decline in two or more cognitive domains that is severe enough to interfere with the performance of everyday activities.